have a lot of catching up to do for 3 days of not being on the computer (at least aside from a post) so my appologies for multi-posts. but usually that’s because they are being reblogged
- The original candy cane had a shape different then the modern day design. It was straight, all white, and hard.
- A candy cane turned upside down reveals the letter J, which many believe represents Jesus.
- National candy cane day is celebrates on December 26 in the United States.
- The first candy cane was made over 350 years ago.
- The first historical reference in America to the candy cane dates back to 1847. A German immigrant from Wooster, Ohio decorated his Christmas tree with candy canes.
- The red and white striped candy canes were first made around 1900.
- The traditional candy cane flavor is peppermint, however, it is also made in a variety of other flavors and colored stripes.
- Over 1.76 billion candy canes are made each year.
- The biggest candy cane ever made was
36 feet 7 inches51 feet long (see this news).
- Candy canes are sometimes…
View original post 47 more words